22 February, 2005

Deep Relaxation

February 22, 2005 19:47


Well, as you may be able to tell, I have hopped on to the burning incense craze. Some people say I just to do it for the concept of buring incense and it's origins, but this is not true. I do it because it calms me. The slow swirling of smoke reflecting the light. This is the reason I do it. I sometimes just lay down, put on some smooth jazz, and watch the smoke. I did this for an hour and a half on Sunday, I just layed thought. The scent helps, but I believe that fifty percent of the relaxation is the mood. The right lighting, the right music, and of course, the right spot for viewing the smoke. It should never be out of direct view for a number of reasons. One, it is very soothing to watch the smoke slowly rise out of the incense, like a gentle steam rising from a river in winter. Two, for safety reasons. If a piece falls and catches something on fire, it should wake you out of your current relaxed state. Well, heres to a more calm and clear headed me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

You asked for a lighting coment. I like it. I dont know what you used, but this has an old look, the low amount of "natural" light gives it that feel. i dont know what you used but i like the centralised light in the middle and faded at the edges. looking at it closer i see the lamp or whatever it is that you used for light. try to keep that out of your photo. unless its part of the composition.

well done.

~Joe, the tech

2/23/2005 6:48 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/23/2005 7:40 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

Yeah, I was just snapping some photos and accidentaly got the lamp in the shot. Funny thing is, I found my shoe in this picture. I hadn't seen that pair for a few days, and there they are. Too bad the only one that really turned out had the lamp in it. I would use another pic, but this had the best combination of lighting, focus, and general swirls of the smoke.
~Jared, The Author and Photographer

2/23/2005 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home