16 February, 2005

This IS Jazz

February 16, 2005 20:26
Well, I recently wrote this poem. This sums up how I feel about jazz. The inspiration came to me as I was listening to a late night Jazz radio station. Here it is.

I lay,
The music flows over my body,
Like the waves of an ocean.
So smooth,
I can feel the flow
Like a river it grooves,
Into the rock that it is my soul.

I lay,
And I think to myself,
"Is this really jazz?"
But as the drums fill,
And the basses trill,
I think to myself,
"This IS jazz."

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

if the bases are trilling it must be jazz

2/18/2005 5:06 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

Yes Joe, That is why it is there.
~Jared, The Author

2/18/2005 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there.. you have been featured on www.lolwtfdude.blogspot.com for your compellingly analytical comment... congratulations!

-the spammer ninja...

2/18/2005 10:20 PM  
Blogger Kray said...

You didn't write that recently, it's been almost a year. . .
http://www.eliteskills.com/z/25456

2/24/2005 12:49 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

OH shit! I didn't realize how long ago I wrote that. I thought it was in like november. Whoops. Sorry. I wrote this a while ago (not recently as been pointed out kindly by Mckrazy).
~Jared, The Timeless, The Spaceless, The Lifeless, The Limitless. I am death

2/24/2005 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home