23 January, 2005

Change.

January 23, 2005 00:02
Before we start, I would just like to say that this is a completely unabridged and unedited piece of my thoughts. Most blogs I post, I look over and change, but this is too important to me to change in the slightest.

Is there anyone else out there, that has heard something, had something major in their life happen, and listened to the same thing again. The meaning can change in an instant. Why am I asking this, because it happened to me. As many of you, if you know me, know that my Father is being deployed with the army to go to Iraq. Well, this is a pretty big thing in my life. Today happens to be my last day with him for 18 months. That said, I shall get on with my story. One of my favorite songs to play on the guitar is "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. I listened to this song a while ago, I felt something, but it was just a song. Today I listened to it, while listening to the album "Wish You Were Here." It was a completely different song. It had an entirely different meaning to me. At the line in the first verse, "Did you exchange a walk on part in a war, for a lead role in a cage," nearly brought me to tears. At one point this was just a song, but tonight it was different. Tonight it was a completely different song. The meaning, the chord structure, the everything, everything was different. I know feel that I truly now what that song means. At least to me. I would encourage everyone to listen to this song, and find what it truly means to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home