17 May, 2005

Photographers.

Have you ever felt like you will not be remembered in 30 years from now. I take a lot of pictures, and I don't take them of myself. I sit behind the lense all the time. No pictures of the man with the camera. No one cares for the one that takes the pictures. They don't think of the photographer when they look back at a picture from 30 years ago. They think of what they were doing. How that day went. Or even how that year went. That period of your life. You don't think, "Wow, I remember exactly who took that picture. I never really knew him, but he always took pictures. Oh, yes. His name was Jared." People don't think like that. People say I have a talent. Well to me it is a burden. I love to take pictures of things, and especially people. Occaisionally, other people have cameras, and I am in a picture. Occasionally. Will people remember the photographer, or just the subject of the picture. Will I be just a piece of forgotten knowledge, collecting dust in the back of one's mind. Probably.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

No one is ever completely forgotten. Your pitures may become forgotten, but you never will, have no fear whatsoever of that. Behind the lense is sometimes the safest place to be...

-Alex (Yeah, I'm camera-shy...)

5/20/2005 2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared,

You wrote:

"People say I have a talent. Well to me it is a burden."

Perhaps you would care to expand on this thought? Why is it a burden?

5/22/2005 6:08 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

stupid anonymous comments... I gotta fix that.

5/24/2005 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about that.

5/26/2005 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home