01 March, 2005

This is What Happens When I Get Involved

March 1, 2005 19:19
Recently I have beed involved with a circle of people who happen to blog. If you are reading this you should already now this. Well, being bloggers, we happen to post what we are feeling and express ourselves vividly. We also never delete a post. You can never "un-say" anything. This happened to hurt someone that is, after I thought about it, quite close to me. How many of you spen about 3 hours a day with someone, about an hour of which is just talking. A lot of people, this is called a friend. Well, recently I and some others have been upset with our friend. We wrote some things when we were frustrated and apparently hurt him quite a bit. This friend is Mr. Scott Morrise, our band teacher. A little while back we had not been playing a lot in band class. We were just talking. We got frustrated, so we posted what we thought. He saw these things, as he should. He got upset and depressed. Before his "Pause," as it has been dubbed, we had stopped posting about his talking and requested a stop of others saying things. The reason for the stop was that the problem was presumably fixed. He started playing in band again. We started working on pieces for Region Band Competition. All was good, and he had even started making possitive comments on his old blog which was at one point abandonned. We were happy and we thought he was too. But he wasn't. Apparently he was still feeling estranged and a subject of ridicule. I would now just like to say that I was part of this group criticisizing him. I only posted one thing and that was it. I was told that I had been a ring leader. Well, I guess I was because I did nothing to stop it. In fact, I encouraged the expression of my peers' emotions. I also never posted anything on this, my personal blog, but since the severe criticism he got from others, I was one of the ones that pushed him over the edge. I rarely get involved in other people's relationships, and this is what happens when I do. Some reward for bein social, huh? To sum it all up though, I guess I would just like to say sorry to my friend and that I could have been a little more polite about it. I am one that encourages people to have a little tact.

~Jared, Sorry

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

You, and We, should continue to encourage our peers to express emotion.

~Joe, Free Expresion Will Set You Free

3/01/2005 7:49 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

That is a very sweet and sincere apology. I hope things work out for the whole band.

-Alex

3/01/2005 8:59 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

I agree Marci, but I am not sorry I vented. It is a good thing to do. What I am sorry for is being rude about it and the way it made Mr. Mo feel.
~Jared, The first to step up to the apology.

3/01/2005 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home