27 August, 2006

Goodness Gracious...

So yesterday was AMAZING! I was hanging out with Jake, and getting windows back on my compy. You see, I had linux for about a week, using various distros, and I could never get onto my ntfs formatted harddrives, which contained about 300 gig of my stuff. So we get windows on, and Colter comes to get our video camera. Ok. I ask what for. "Dynamite, Barrett, the usual." No big deal, seen it before. "Oh, and the silver mine." Holy shit! Kevin doesn't do this often at all. So I hear about the silver mine, and immediately call Joe and tell him we are going to pick him up. Jake and I get driving, and end up at his dorm, and wait for him to get home. He gets home, and we take off, acquiring our good friend Wes, and my new friend Danielle, who is with Wes... I think. Anyway, we drive back, and the were just taking down the Barrett. OK, cool. So I explain to Jake, Joe, Wes, and Danielle what this silver mine deal is. we walk out on to a rebar grid with 10 inch holes, which spans a mine that is about 100-120 feet and about as wide as a living room. Once out there, we pour gasoline into a can, light the gasoline in the tin can, and pour it down the hole. If poured slowly, the speed heats it up to blue point, and it creates little blue balls of fire plummeting 100 feet, to which they create a fire at the bottom of the shaft. If poured quickly, it starts burning in the air, and creates a suspended fireball. If you keep pouring, the fireball grows, because the gas is reaching the fire suspended in the air. Pour enough, and you get a stream of fire engulfing 10 teenage boys, and one middle aged man 15 feet above their heads. It was AWESOME!!!!! It was simply amazing. Wes is now devoid of hair on his arms, and if you know Wes, you know how much hair that is. So after the fireballs, we all bolt. We head back up to cedar, and hang out there. We started watching the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, I played guitar, and we ate cake. I became better acquainted with Kyle, Joe's roomy. He's cool. We stayed till 5, and Jake and I got to my house at 6, at which point I crash, with lights and clothes still on, and in three hours, I headed to Vegas. I got pants, and music books. I came home, and lounged, now I am writing this, and just finishing it. I'm going to bed now. I have school in the morning. Fuck.

Miss you guys,
Jared

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shit yeah, and i miss you to.

8/30/2006 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home