22 March, 2005

3 Haiku for English and a poem not graded

March 22, 2005 19:40
I wrote the first three poems as assignments, and merely wrote what sounded good. The fourth poem is one I wrote not for English class. I just felt in the poetic mood and inspired.
Melancholy

I lay on my bed
Melancholy dreams drifting
I wish I was dead

Crying

She cries in the night
This woman shall never win
But she won't give in.

Darkness

Darkness consumes me
No one shall stand in my way
Then the light came in

The Assassin

He picks up his weapon
The crowd gasps in shock
As appears an evil grimace upon the face of the man
Grown men grow afraid.

As he raises his weapon to his chest
The noise becomes unbearable
Children cry.

A sudden stop
And all noise ceases

He unleashes his attack
His fingers moving
Like spiders over their webs.

The innocent conjugation screams
As wave upon wave fall over them
Like fire rains in the depths of Hell.

But this assassin's weapon
Is not of fatal intent
He is merely doing what he loves to do.

Music is no crime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Interesting, the second one more so than the others.

Joe, Dark is ok to my face

3/23/2005 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home