07 April, 2005

Wow?

March 7, 2005 10:14
Well, as pretty much all of you know, the Band is going to State. I must admit, I didn't expect it. I was hoping that we would go, but I, being a freshman, have no experience with competitions like this. I had no idea how they judge or if we were good in comparison. I must say that Canyon View was the COOLEST display. I love that they used creativity. So many bass drums... I am excited to go to state, and think it is a real plus to everyone's self confidence. No offense meant to anyone, but I don't think there was much self confidence. The "Pep" talk before we left the school was sort of like a depressing thing. It consisted of "Don't be dissapointed if..." Well all that doesn't matter now because Mr. Mo is doing better than we all thought. I saw the look on his face when we were anounced as State-Bound and it was one of those "Holy Crap! Yes! Yes! Ye- wait... I am cool, I had confidence." Well we made it. Yay!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made a small mistake. Cedar was the one with the bass drums.

4/18/2005 5:41 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

Yes yes. I know I know. I typed the wrong school, and didn't want to go back and change it. But damnit, I hate it when people are anonymous.
~Jared
~In Rememembrance of Surge~ http://www.savesurge.org

4/18/2005 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home